Monday, March 26, 2012

Ain't Nuthin' But A "Country" Boy

         I used to despise country music but over the course of 2-3 years, I've taken a liking to it.
         "Beer Drinking Blues" by Rocky Bill Ford is a oldie-but-goodie. An old country song from the 1940's. Sad but catchy and love the sound of the crispy record. It's from "The Beer Album".
         "Sunshine (Go Away Today)" by Jonathan Edwards is a classic, up-beat song from the 70's. Gotta love that stuff. It's from his first album "Jonathan Edwards".
         "The Parting Glass" by The Wailin' Jennys is a beautiful, accapella piece that sounds just so dandy and almost old. From "40 Days".
         "The Legend of Guan-Di" by The McCain Brothers is a wonderfully catchy song from a terrible movie "My Name Is Bruce".
         "Airstream Song" by Miranda Lambert is a stereotypical cheery nature song. Can't help but bounce lightly up and down to the beat. From the album "Revolution".
         "We (Early Take)" by Neil Diamond is a classic. Nothin' more to it. From "12 Songs".
         "St. John the Gambler" by Townes Van Zandt is another classic. Words cannot express my love for this song. And I love his voice. Dunno why. It's from the album "Our Mother the Mountain".
         "Blue Valentines" by Tom Waits is a tune that shows his raspy, croaky voices that just has so much emotion in it. From the album "Blue Valentine".
         "Firefly - Main Theme" by Joss Whedon Featuring Sonny Rhodes is a wonderful song from the best show EVER!.
         "Hurt" by Johnny Cash is an amazing cover of the N.I.N. (Nine Inch Nails) song. I personally believe this versoin easily trumps the original. This song got me through a really tough patch in my life. It's dark and depressing yet if cheered me up and helped me cope.
         "Ruby Tuesday" by Don Williams is a country cover of the Rolling Stones hit. It's well done, good tamborine and vocals. From the album "I Believe in You".
         "Breathe In Breathe Out" by Mat Kearney is another wonderful song that got me through that same rough patch. It gave me a sense of hope, that everything was gonna be ok. From the soundtrack "Grey's Anatomy, Vol. 3".
          "Fish" by Craig Campbell uses fish as a uphamism for sex. It's catchy and slightly amusing. From "Craig Campbell".
          "Allentown" by Ed Helms is a really funny but stupid song from the second "Hangover". From the soundtrack of "The Hangover: Part II".
          "Lonely Blue Boy" by Conway Twitty is another odlie-but-goodie. He sounds a tad like Elvis Presley. Very nice song. Almost like swing. Country swing, that is. From the album "Linda On My Mind".

          That's all the country I got, folks. Hope you enjoyed this post and will enjoy the others to come. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment