Friday, March 16, 2012

Always Good To Have An "Alternative"

              I love music. I just do. There are so many different genres that I thoroughly enjoy. I have about... 22 different genres of music on my iTunes. I like to explore. My most favorite kind of music is Alternative. The next (possibly 21 posts) are gonna be about each genre of music I have. And I'll start in alphabetical order. The first type of music just happens to be Alternative. WEWT!!! : D
              "O Children" by Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds is a nice little song that was played in "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part I. It's played in the scene in whch Harry is attempting to cheer Hermione up by getting her up to dance to this song that's playing on the radio. The song is from the album: Abattoir Blues / Lyre of Orpheus."
              "Shadow On The Sun" by Audioslave is a great example of a mix between calm guitar and coarse passion. It's a good song to just chill out to. If I had a car, I would totes listen to it. It's from their first album "Audioslave". For those who do not know much about music, not always, but most of the time, when bands have their first album, it's named after their band name.
              "Howlin' For You" by The Black Keys is a delightful song that is just so much fun to rock out to and walk in a steady rythym to. It's from the album "Brothers (Deluxe Version)".
              "The Court of the Crimson King" by King Crimson is a decent song that's fairly slow yet catchy. It almost makes you think or want to sit and ponder, of what is going on in your life. This song is from the soundtrack of the futuristic thriller "Children of Men".
              "Pieces" by Sum 41 is such a good song. It's catchy, it's hard to stop listening to. It's just that good. I highly recommend you give this one a listening to. Although, I might warn you, it is a tad depressing. It's from the album "Chuck".
              "If I Ever Leave This World Alive" by Flogging Molly is an intriguing piece. I believe that the group is Irish. I could be wrong but that is how I come to understand it. It's from the album "Drunken Lullabies".
              "If It Means a Lot to You" by A Day to Remember is a fantastic song. It's incredibly catchy and gets my energy juices going. It's great, just great. Absolutely love it. It comes from the album "Homesick".
              "Violent Dreams" by Crystal Castles is a haunting song. The words aren't entirely audible but it nevertheless is a good but slightly creepy piece of music. It's from the album "(II)".
              "Needle In the Hay" by Eliott Smith is a smooth, calm song that I heard in the indie-satire "The Royal Tananbeaums." It calms me and I recommend that you give it a listenin' to. It's from the album "Needle In the Hay - EP".
              "The Other Side of Mt. Heart Attack" by Liars is an amazing song. It's great as it is sad and it makes me wanna cry nearly every time I listen to it. People might find it repetitive but I don't. It's from the album "The Other Side of Mt. Heart Attack - EP".
               "The Sea And The Rhythm" by Iron & Wine is an incredible song. It's smooth, quiet, calming and just wonderful. Couldn't have said it any better. It's from the album "The Sea And The Rhythm - EP".
               "Somebody That I Used To Know" by Walk off the Earth is a cover of Gotye's original version. Their cover is far better than the original. Got a good sound, beautiful voices and just a damn good song. It's from the hit single "Somebody That I Used To Know".
               "Crazy" by Gnarls Barkley is such a great song. I like to swift my head from left to right, right to left, whatever order one might prefer, to the ridiculously catchy beat. Gotta love Cee-Lo Green. It's the album "St. Elsewhere".
               "New Country" by The Walkmen is a chill song. It's almost sad. I do not know how to describe it, but it just is. It's from the album "You & Me".
               "Emotionless" by Good Charlotte is possibly one of my most favorite Alternative songs or songs in general. It's from the point of view of a son, wondering about what his father, who abondanoned him as a child, is feeling. If he thought he made the RIGHT decision. It's from the fantastic album "The Young and the Hopeless".
               So there you have it. These are my absoute favorite songs that're Alternative. I suggest you give 'em all a try. You might like what you hear.

No comments:

Post a Comment