Monday, March 26, 2012

That's All "Folk"s!

         A bit more laid-back genre, one of many genres that I've grown up listening to.
         "The Boxer" by Simon & Garfunkel is a fabolous classic. Always been my favorite song by them. It wasn't until I was older that I got more of the meaning behind this treasure. From the amazing album "The Best Of Simon & Garfunkel".
         "My Son John" by John C. Reilly is a neat and short tune. I was surprised to find a ballad by this comedian. It's from the album "Rogue's Gallery - Pirate Ballads, Sea Song and Chanteys".
         "The Sound Of Silence" by Simon & Garfunkel is another amazing classic. Not quite as good as "The Boxer", though pretty high up there. From the same album.
         "Ragland Road" by Luke Kelly & The Dubliners is easily the BEST folk song ever made. Or sung. Ever. Beautiful, sad, enchanting, lovely. From the album "Luke's Legacy".

No comments:

Post a Comment